Saturday, August 25, 2007

Why Not Today?

Yesterday I had a scheduled day off from work. Normally on this day I am in Sebring FL for the weekend. I wasn't feeling all that well when I woke up so I decided to stay home and get some errands done. After my errands were accomplished I said to myself, "what else do I have to do now?", so I decided to drive to Sebring. Here I am now writing this in my blog.

I am glad that I left the city to drive the three hours north to central florida. I get to visit with my husband and the two dogs. The younger dog, Snowy, is so happy when I come because than he gets that much more attention paid to him. He is a little slut or hand ho, take your pick.

I am doing nothing this weekend while here. Yippee!

3 comments:

SwampAngel65 said...

Ah, it's good to do nothing! I am jealous.

Sorry I didn't call you back. We were at the retirement party for a few hours. It was nice. They had the most wonderful dish...it was mango and avocado cut into small pieces with some scallions, a little chilli pepper and some lime juice. OMG! It was awesome!!! And sticky rice with mango cut up on top of it. YUM!!! I have to try making those one day.

SwampAngel65 said...

In reference to your comment about the Biltmore...There is a terracache that requires you to walk into the lobby of the Biltmore, then out on the grounds. Sam and I did it. No one said a word to us! It was really memorable since I'd never been inside before. It's a "WOW" place, for sure. You feel like you've stepped back in time...classy, refined, old Florida feeling. You've got to go in! I expected to see Humphrey Bogart or Edward G. Robinson walk down the staircase ;)

SwampAngel65 said...

Hey! I need some more poetry to read :)