Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Core Never Changes

Copyright - March 23, 2000
==========
The Core Never Changes

I am what I am today - beguiled,
and if tomorrow brings to life,
another side of me, then so be it,
the core of who I am has not changed.

The cartoon animations of being
arouses the primal instincts of survival.

The everyday frailties of being human
emerge in a multitude of emotions,
giving way to vulnerabilities,
while others thrive off of the meek,
vacillating between the plateaus.

Torn from the vernal existence of childhood
slowly stripping me of all humanities,
as each rung up the ladder fades away,
tasting sweet success, hungering for more,
leaving no tangible source for descent.

On the surface, I am but a mere mortal
gaining knowledge with wisdom,
envy snaring hate with discontent,
admiration by those seeking power,
the core of who I am has not changed.

The gnarled chapters of life become difficult
sometimes in a blind attempt to return home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Suzhon what a poem.

SwampAngel65 said...

I agee with the anonymous one...your poems can really make one think. Keep 'em coming! I enjoy reading them. Oh, and I like the new picture, too!

It.z said...

Thank you both for your comments. I will put more up and when I have more free time I am going to write again. Thank you Chris for the push. Only four more weeks, but who is counting. hehehe