Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Ride To Bradenton

This morning Corky and I had business in Bradenton. It is almost a two hour drive so we had planned to leave around 8:30 am to make the 10:30am appointment.

There was fog in the air. I had mentioned to hubby that colder air was moving in and he said that there was no wind to blow it out of the air. Both comments sound logical to me. But seeing that we are in the fall season already and I believe that the universe has a way of preparing itself for seasonal changes. The air is much crisper nowadays. I saw several weaved spiders webs on scubs and tree branches. I thought the webs were neat to observe and was wondering about the life of spiders that weaved and resides on them. I enjoy looking at the countryside while riding along as a passenger. I watch the cow and bulls in the pasteurs, the birds that fly around, the way the wind moves the tree branches and grasses, and how the clouds move about. It puts me in a meditative state of mind and at this time I feel like I am part of the universe, breathing, moving and living.

We stopped for lunch at Chilis after our business was over. Corky ate boneless chicken wings with french fries and I had lettuce roll ups. Of course as usual I had a take home box. On the drive back I noticed the name of this old adobe looking building that I have always looked at as we pass through this area of the SR. The name of the place is Old Mission Winery. I would show you a picture but I didn't have my camera and most likely would not have stopped because I was not driving. There were rows and rows of grape vines on either side of the mission. It made me think of the time to come when we might plant some grape vines in our back yard. Time will only tell.

Keep a Joyful Spirit.

1 comment:

SwampAngel65 said...

Sounds like you had a nice, enjoyable little drive. You'll have to tell me that winery is. I've never seen it before and it sounds interesting.